Subject: Re: Out-of-focus quadripoints
Date: Mar 12, 2002 @ 23:23
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
> about bwnazmzw
> i have also been thinking that the existence of the kasane kazungula
> ferry so called across the zambezi per se suggests a bwnazm plus
> bwzmzw pairing rather than the other way round
Yes, and that's attested on the ground by the "Zambian border" sign I
saw in Botswana.

> about cocrnipa
> san andres etc on the ground is clearly colombian
For sure. Colombia has also cemented things a little by negotating EEZ
border treaties with Costa Rica in the south and Honduras in the
north, both of which are based on the San Andres archipelago being
Colombian. This, as you might imagine, has vexed the Nicaraguan
government not a little. But the shaded area is still there on the
map, at least, so I like to think of it as oscillating between the two
double-tripoint potentialities like some quantum event, albeit heavily
biased in one direction.

> finally arent there also 2 tridominial territorial quadripoints in
> the gulf of fonseca
I'm not sure I follow here. (Well, actually, I'm sure I don't follow.)
The tridominium has TRIpoints with El Salvador/Honduras and
Honduras/Nicaragua along the 3nm limit, doesn't it? And then a third,
undefined tripoint at the seaward side, where the tridominium stops at
the closing line of the bay and runs into Nicaraguan/Salvadorian
territorial waters. Or have I got it confused?

Grant