Subject: Re: Bad news
Date: Mar 06, 2002 @ 15:03
Author: shocktm ("shocktm" <andrew@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Arif Samad <fHoiberg@y...> wrote:
> My computer started burning yesterday for some reason.
> It is only a wire if I am not mistaken and not the
> drives or anything, so I should be able to fix it, but
> if not I might not be able to update my web page and I
> will have problem sending e-mail.
> Anybody know any cheap computer-fixers.
> Arif
> By the way, does somebody know why parts of Alexandria
> city is beyond the original DC square?

That area was annexed by the City of Alexandria from the County of
Fairfax in 1910. Please see message 5785 for more information about
this. The reason why Alexandria annexed the area was probably to get
more citizens to tax (to pay for the services of the city) and to
have enough land to provide the services to the city.

Currently the Town of Leesburg is considering annexing land from
Loudoun County that would double its size. This is being done because
Loudoun County wants a slow growth stratagy to land development (many
of the influnential people in Loudoun County own Horse farms and
Vinyards and want to protect them from outsiders) while Leesburg
wants to develope land and take advantage of the housing boom.

-Andrew