Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] N274 handed over to the Germans
Date: Feb 26, 2002 @ 09:41
Author: Pepijn Hendriks ("Pepijn Hendriks" <pepijnh@...>)

> Today in the news: part of the Dutch N274 between Koningsbosch and
> Schinveld has been handed back to Germany. This road was built on Dutch
> territory when it was built in the late fifties. When the territory was
> handed back to Germany in 1963, from which country it was annexed after
> the Second World War, it was with the exclusion of said road.

Yet more articles, this time from the German _Aachener Zeitung_:

<http://www.aachener-
zeitung.de/corem/corem/az/lokales/heinsberg/strasse25165831_20225.html>

<http://www.aachener-
zeitung.de/corem/corem/az/lokales/heinsberg/transe25165635_20225.html>

Peter, with the maintenance for the road having traditionally been in
Dutch hands, what did the traffic signs look like? I presume they were
Dutch, rather than German? If so, it would be interesting to see how
expediently the Germans will replace them with their own.

-Pepijn

--
pepijnh@... -- http://www.bigfoot.com/~pepijnh -- ICQ - 6033220