Subject: Re: Post office with two national postcodes
Date: Feb 20, 2002 @ 17:53
Author: shocktm ("shocktm" <andrew@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "lnadybal" <lnadybal@h...> wrote:
> A number of military bases in Germany and Belgium also have two or
> more postcodes and dialling prefixes, and a couple of them actually
> have four or more postcodes from different countries. I also know
of
> one in Korea that as a British and US code, and a British code for
> Washington DC, as well as some others of the UK, Belgium and some
> other countries in southern Virginia.
>
> Regards
>
> Len Nadybal
> Washington DC

Actully I think every US Navy ship, overseas US Base, and Embassy has
a US based postal address. They use the 'state' codes of AA, AE, and
AP. AA is for the Americas, AE is for Europe and Africa, and AP is
for Pacific (Asia and Oceana).

When I was over in Saudi Arabia my mother worked for the US Army and
one of the benifits was having a Army Mailing Address. People in the
US could sent mail to

Persons Name
PO Box xxx
APO, AP 98yyy

and the mail would magically come to my mothers office in Riyadh. APO
is for Army Post Office (The navy uses FPO - Floating Post Office),
xxx would be for the building my mother worked for and yyy was for
Saudi Arabia.

-Andrew

PS Another benifit my mother got was a pork ration (Saudi Arabia
being an islamic country does not have pork for sale). So my mother
literaly brought home the bacon. :)