Subject: Re: Czech boundary, liechtenstein dispute
Date: Feb 07, 2002 @ 02:17
Author: lnadybal ("lnadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

It's a mystery why Czechoslovakia is mentioned in the headline to the
message - there was no reference to who confiscated Liechtenstein
lands after WWII.

There are I believe three estates in Austria owned by the
Liechteinstein royal family. Austria became occupied by the Allies at
the end of WWII - and such property would have very likely been
affected. However, these are not exclaves of the
principality, but private property on Austrian territory that just
happens to be owned by a sovereign of a foreign country. THe
mansions on these estates are pictured on old stamps of Liechtenstein.

Regards

Len Nadybal
Washington DC