Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Digraphs
Date: Jan 31, 2002 @ 21:56
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>From: "granthutchison" Michael:
> > but in addition to the normal diglyphs the cardinal & semicardinal
> > directions have long been recognizable here at the end of our normal
> > hexaglyphs
>
>Again, I don't have a specific example to mind (and one might be
>non-existent for all I know), but the incorporation of the
>semicardinals has the potential for confusion with a country or state
>digraph, because of their double letters: SE/Sweden; NE/Niger/Nebraska.

ok
i blew this one at such high speed
& meant to say semicards are normally appended to diglyphs only
since they normally represent projections or corners of the singular places
those diglyphs represent rather than of boundaries or other features
so the likelihood of such confusion is to that extent diminished
but it does still exist as a potential pitfall i agree
tho also cant think of any instances

more below

> > we also have been adding h & l for hi & low points
> > similarly c for centerpoints
> > & in special cases such as the triple tripoint kymotn
> > inventions such as
> > kymotnu with u as in upper
> > kymotnm with m as in middle &
> > kymotnl with l as in lower
>
>I am glad to see C for "centre", here, since it has one international
>boundary application that'll gladden your palindromic heart: CNINC, in
>the span between Nepal and Bhutan.
>
>Grant

hahahahaha
a point well worth trying to make imo

here at marathon
i must report in view of the weather forecast
it is now looking like morning ground fog on okeechobee will ground our
ground hog try
& our subsequent mig try is now also looking somewhat overcast by overcast

any ideas