Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Digraphs
Date: Jan 28, 2002 @ 19:08
Author: Anton Florian Zeilinger ("Anton Florian Zeilinger" <anton_zeilinger@...>)

Hi,

>From: "lnadybal" <lnadybal@...>
>To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [BoundaryPoint] Digraphs
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 01:39:38 -0000
>
>Why don't we use the internationally recognized automobile
>registration initials. They've been in place for decades. Many
>postal services around the world use them, and they are often, in
>Europe especially, the prefixes for postcodes on outgoing
>international mail.

That's a great idea, I often have trouble following the discussions, as
people often use different codes.

>Guess these:
>
>BZH

Brittany? Apparently it's legal to use them there, even though France is
usually not very minority-friendly!
see http://www.skoazell-vreizh.org/saozneg/boutique.htm

This is similar to Bavaria, where you sometimes see a "BY" sticker on cars
(these cars usually don't have an additional "D").

>DZ

I found Algeria, but how come? Is this a transcription from Arabic?

greetings,
Anton Z