Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Q for the Berlin freaks
Date: Jan 25, 2002 @ 21:42
Author: John Kelly ("John Kelly" <johnkelly@...>)

The former Death strip is the former border. It was the space in the
wall where the soldiers shot you dead for escaping. (I assume you knew
that already.) Now it is mostly empty fields or valuable real estate.
Some wall pieces remain (towers, slabs of concrete, fences) but they are
hardly known about and never in any tourist guide. Nobody cares about
Communist remains anymore it seems.
So in order to find any forgotten piece of wall, you simply have to go
there and look for it. Hence the 50 mile or so hike.

Oh, and they serve some great beer there.