Subject: Re: Updated webpage
Date: Jan 18, 2002 @ 21:05
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

On the first web site, you can see four islands. By clicking on them,
their names appear. The biggest one is Filomena. West of it, from
north to south: Filomena Chica, Palma Chica, De la Palma o Bassi.

Comparing these to the names of the 2nd site, I come to the
conclusion that Filomena = Filomena Grande, Paloma Chica = Palma
Chica, and De la Palma o (=or) Bassi = Bassi. And Filomena Chica =
Filomena Chica.

On this 2nd site, it is said that although the border is the deepest
channel of the Uruguay, these four islands, although on the western
side of that channel, were awarded to the Rep. East of the Uruguay
(as the country is officially known) because of their population,
which consisted of Uruguayan citizens.

Peter S.

http://www.chispazodetradicion.com.ar/la_linea_fronteriza_de_la_rep.ht
> > m , these islands are mentioned: Filomena Grande, Filomena Chica,
> > Paloma Chica, and Bassi.
> > Peter S.
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > > On http://www.clearinghouse.gub.uy/ , there are some very nice
> maps.
> > > The islands Filomena and De la Palma o Bassi can be seen here.
> > have
> > > made a little picture of this map. The city is Nuevo Berlin.
> > >
> > > I think that this is the area in question.
> > >
> > > Peter S.
Fray