Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: mxus eastern end
Date: Jan 09, 2002 @ 03:48
Author: Jack Parsell ("Jack Parsell" <jparsell@...>)

Another interesting location near the mouth of the Rio Grande
is visible in Peter's Topozone url below. Notice the 1/2 mile
long oxbow lake about 2 1/2 miles west of the Rio Grande mouth.
It is below sea level. Not much below, probably only -1 or -2
feet but clearly below. USGS lists the Gulf of Mexico as the
low point of Texas so they don't recognize this lower point.
However, having written a guide to the low points in the US
I am trying to get more info on this spot. I may have to
drive down there and check it out.

Jack