Subject: Re: mxus eastern end
Date: Jan 08, 2002 @ 22:24
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

winnie tx

peter happily it has rained a lot since then especially in the
conchos watershed & tho i didnt revisit continental txse at boca
chica this time i feel sure it is as wet again there as it was at
nutatx last weekend

also the difference in the 2 usgs maps of mxus at dry txse is
probably only owing to their different dates & to some typical
understanding by usgs as well
in this case specifically about the variability of the border at the
river mouth

we ourselves have left off the mxus try pointing & have actually been
crane whooping & snow goosing etc for a change but are now bearing
down on the semicardinal extremity counterpart of your txse area or
what i would like to call txes

indeed texas is such an odd shape that all its semicards are
evidently double

you may recall we had to invent txwn only last month to distinguish
it from txnw

by the same reckoning txne & txen are easy to see & distinguish

only the txsw & txws pair seem a little far fetched
& yet are still quite imaginable & discernible

& if we can find txes then i think we can just aim our camera 3nm ssw
from there to get latxus

the fact that texas has 9nm of territorial waters & louisiana only
3nm of them creates another problem for usgs
but they just dont resolve it here

fortunately it shouldnt affect the position of latxus tho

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Sadly, there isn't much for the border anymore to follow
anyway... "A
> few sticks in that sand", now what sort of border is that?
> http://www.uswaternews.com/archives/arcsupply/1oncmig8.html
> Peter S.
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > Can someone please explain the difference in the location of the
> mxus
> > border at the mouth of the Rio Grande on topozone 1:50k vs.
1:100k?
> > knew that the border shifted with the river (hence the 'hinge' in
> the
> > Gulf of Mexico), but on the map with the larger scale (b.t.w.,
also
> > on 1:25k) this apparently hasn't happened.
> >
> > url's:
> > http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?
z=14&n=2872749&e=685968&s=50&size=l