Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Steinstuecken enclave in an exclave
Date: Dec 11, 2001 @ 08:06
Author: Mats Hessman (Mats Hessman <blofeld_es@...>)

>Is it my imagination, but does it appear that in exchange for ending
>Steinstuecken's isolation as an exclave, that an exclave of East Germany
>was created inside West Berlin?

Yes, this is a very interesting question! I'd appreciate any
information on this matter.

The matter of East German exclaves within
West Berlin has more unsolved puzzels.

For example, take a look at the maps at
http://images.enclaves.org/berlin/Book_Eiskeller.gif

The left map shows the Eiskeller area before the land
exchange agreement. Black is west, white is east. Note
the three white east exclaves within West Berlin and
the black west exclave Grosse Kuhlake.

The right map shows the situation after the land exchange.
All exclaves BUT ONE have disappeared! Why did they
leave this particular one? Or is the map incorrect?

I have been there to take a look at the remaining
exclave, it is difficult to find and nothing but a
wood covered extremely small area.

Mats