Subject: Re: nysw and pane report
Date: Dec 10, 2001 @ 04:06
Author: bjbutlerus ("bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@...>)

I mentioned NJE because the monument at the top of the cliffs near
there (on the NJ/NY line) is IDENTICAL in form to the witness
monument near NJNYPA (also on the NJ/NY line). As I said, I have
not seen the one near PANE. However, the two I have seen differ
markedly from the monument near PAN. They differ in size, shape,
finish, and inscription style.

BJB

> you are right that there are some slight differences among the 4
witness monuments i am talking about & i have no idea why you
mention nje even if you really mean pae because their markers if any
dont in either case announce nypa into its distinct sectors the way
the monuments at dry pan nysw delpane & njnypa all together do if
you see what i mean for you can on a map of the entire boundary
which was remonumented between 1881 & 1885 so for that reason & to
that extent these 4 rocks do differ stylistically & of course the
leaner was also unique in specially commemorating the original
ellicott survey but you really should see delpane because once more
it will be like deja vu all over again