Subject: Re: oldest purely 'fiat' international boundary?
Date: Dec 05, 2001 @ 03:39
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

One other thing David wrote, to which I wanted to respond...

"I'd like to hear about even a curvy international birder that
did not follow features of the landscape such as ridges or streams."

Wasn't the curved border between Pennsylvania and northern Delware
established when these two colonies were independent of one another?
It certainly doesn't follow anything on the ground. It's curvy for
more than 30 miles long, and there's not one straight inch between
the start and the end of the curved part. Come to think of it, I
wonder how it is demarcated at every point where the border turns.

Len Nadybal
Washington DC