Subject: RE: Marcle
Date: Dec 04, 2001 @ 08:42
Author: marcelmiquel@navegalia.com (<marcelmiquel@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

You're right. We can resume the history of "pedra dreta" as boundary
marker as:

- before 1660: communal border. municipal tripoint.
- from 1660 to 1868: international border marker "de facto"
- from 1868 to nowadays: a new bordermarker was placed next to the
stone, so has lost its border marker condition.

At least, we can be proud that in 1868 the stone was not pulled down,
remaining as "pedra dreta" ( = erect stone ) and was mentioned in the
delimitation act as a sort of homage to an ancient "fetish".

Marcel