Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Morkulien joint admin area
Date: Dec 04, 2001 @ 08:10
Author: Anton Sherwood (Anton Sherwood <bronto@...>)

orc@... wrote:
> . . . revised short list of the great american nonunited states
> 1 independent state of delaware
> 2 indian stream republic
> 3 republic of texas
> 4 republic of california
> 5 independent south carolina & confederate states
> 6 kingdom of hawaii
> 7 kingdom of samoa
> 8 the 557 official indian tribes
> or are there any others also real enough to consider here

Allegedly there's a small piece of Colorado(?) that was left out between
the Louisiana Purchase and the various bits of ex-Mexico; the
inhabitants consented to US annexation on condition that the place be an
"independent kingdom" for three days each year!

Of course I've long forgotten the name of the place.

--
Anton Sherwood -- http://www.ogre.nu/