Subject: Re: CH - D Border Trades in 1960s -> & denl?
Date: Nov 20, 2001 @ 17:57
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

A very nice map! I think I've seen it somewhere on the Internet, but
I can't think of where that was anymore.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@h...> wrote:
> I hope this works. I tried to attach a file by reply while in the
group
> site, but couldn't see how. So I have attached it to this message,
> hoping it works.
>
> It's a map of the some of the border rectifications in 1967. Others
> were at Konstanz, Stuehlingen, Wutach and other towns miles from
> Buesingen, but all along the Baden-Wurttemberg border. There were
no
> enclaves of Switzerland inside Germany in the trade.
>
> If you want scans of the other maps, feel free to write.

Yes please! Keep them coming!

While on the subject: does anyone have any information on the
boundary changes between the Netherlands and Germany in 1963 in the
Elten region? I am sure it was NOT the pre-1949 boundary that was
restored: the boundary runs along the (then) new motorway near Elten,
which was certainly not the case in '49. Also, the Mettmeer, a small
pond near the Dutch village of Megchelen, was transfered to Germany,
because it was on the other side of the motorway, which closely
follows the boundary for a couple of kilometres (north of Emmerich).

Peter S.