Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: US counties, unincorprated territories
Date: Nov 13, 2001 @ 14:36
Author: PitHokie (PitHokie <pithokie@...>)

Anton,

The "law" I was speaking of was indeed from the
Constitution - I should have had my facts a little
more in tact before making my post!
Virginia was not part of the United States but the
Confederacy when West Virginia was formed, so that's
probably why they didn't have to give consent. WV was
first recognized as the "Resotred Government of
Virginia" so Congress probably made no distinction.

Brendan