Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] usorca try continued
Date: Nov 12, 2001 @ 00:44
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

coos bay oregon

in the end no improvement was possible today either
owing to the weather
tho i climbed & manuvered around the greater canw & orsw area
& may well have sighted usorca once or twice
near the limit of visibility
judging from topozone
perhaps 5nm due west of dry caorw
but nothing was clear enough to warrant buying a camera
so the extant class e photo remains the best photo try to date

on further reflection i did reluctantly conclude that these tripoints are
worth the photographing
rather than just expecting people to use their imagination alone
but this one just wasnt worth photographing today

i also realized that because the caor line drifts a few degrees north of
west as it approaches the pacific
any serious try for continental canw & orsw should follow the exact latitude
of the terminal marker to the beach
rather than simply follow the fence line to project the final segment beyond
the terminal mark to the beach

there is a good little difference i would say

then even if that procedure is successful
the task will still remain of finding the westernmost dry point on that
latitude at mean low tide

so it looks like it will be difficult even with benefit of a gps to improve
on the modest class c visit i made there yesterday
tho again a photo would be a nice souvenir

nice tricountry point photo there too
harry of arabia