Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Kentucky Exclave
Date: Nov 04, 2001 @ 10:09
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

old brendan
thats kaskaskia
a nit possibly not worth picking
but an enhancement i mean

also new anton
i believe david offered this info once before
& it is probably from van zandt aka bus&ss
boundaries of the united states & the several states
the great american boundary bible by usgs
tho i dont have it in front of me now
but the reason kentucky bend got created is that the original boundary
description &or task of the surveyors
possibly of the original vanc line that is today the kytn line
were to produce the line westward as far as the mississippi
& nobody anticipated it would strike the river twice or rather thrice at
that latitude

when they realized it
they just kept doing their job as well as they could tho

it is sparsely inhabited & belongs to its county like any other outlying
part of that rural county
i believe