Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Bill Burke's Baarle trip
Date: Nov 03, 2001 @ 05:17
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

Re the 1962 military map on Barry's site. It is the 1:25,000 Belgian topo.
At the time, Belgian topos were produced by the Institut Geographique
Militaire (IGM). They are now produced by the I. G. NATIONAL (IGM).
They look the same. Obviously the village has more development now, tho'.

There was no english pamphelts when I was in Baarle in Oct 2000. Only Dutch.
But maps are readable in any language. It is surprising how little info
there in one Baarle in English at all.

You'll just have to buy my thesis when it comes out soon :-)

If you want a 1780s map, you can still buy the 1960s reproductions sheets of
a large scale map of Belgium done byFerraris, fomr the IGN in Brussels.
"Kabinetskaart der Oostenrijkese Nederlanden" Ask for sheet 125. This is a
colour reduction of the sheet into 4 pieces. mounted on card, in colour,
covering Baarle.

BW