Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] great border shot
Date: Oct 31, 2001 @ 19:04
Author: Bill Hanrahan ("Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@...>)

great border shot
Dallen, you're right, that is a great shot.  I've crossed over several times in the vicinity of the "big tree"...if memory serves me, there's a boundary marker in that immediate vicinity that references the Gadsden Treaty, etc. (which I'd guess isn't all that unusual).  As we talked of before, the proximity of the US customs building to the line is unusual...they certainly didn't waste any real estate!  One can literally wipe their shoes in one country and step inside the building into another country.  I'm curious as to how construction easements, etc. were worked out in conjunction with construction of that building.

Bill