Subject: Re: Spanish possessions in Morocco and others
Date: Oct 23, 2001 @ 21:12
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Arif:
> But I was wondering if
> there was any page that identifies how big each of the
> depressions below sea level are or if there is any
> book that does the same.
I once compiled a (very!) small booklet of tables called World Tops &
Bottoms, listing the highest and lowest points of every country &
dependency in the world. I found lowest points very hard to research,
and I can't say I came across anything like you describe. But that
was a few years ago.

> A Spanish
> encyclopedia also identifies the two islands being
> towards the east and about 1/10th the size of
> Alhucemas
The site that Marcel recently told me about
(http://www.pobladores.com/territorios/gente/chafarinas/pagina/3)
has a picture of Mar & Tierra, and puts them at "dos kilometros al
oeste de la isla principal" - two kilometres west of the main island.

Grant