Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] a few photos
Date: Sep 18, 2001 @ 02:34
Author: Dallen Timothy (Dallen Timothy <dtimothy@...>)

RE: [BoundaryPoint] a few photos

M,
You're absolutely right.  To my immediate right in this Vatican photo and about 400 meters is St Peter's Basilica.  Then if you were to turn right another 40 degrees or so would be the famous balcony (if I'm thinking of the same famous balcony you are).  The Pope's balcony looks over St. Peter's Square from the northwest and far beyond into Italian territory.  There's a wonderful old movie about WWII, I believe, where a man wanted by Mussolini's soldiers is hiding out in the Vatican.  Because of its sovereign status they could not harm him, and he often walked out into the square pacing back and forth just on the Vatican side of the white line, the soldiers aiming their rifles at him just in case he stepped across.  Does anyone remember this movie and what it's called?  I've been trying to find it for awhile now--I haven't seen it for about 20 years.  It had a famous old-time actor in it, but I can't remember which one. It was someone like James Stuart, Carry Grant.....

I'd really appreciate finding out what the movie is if anyone knows.

Cheers,
Dallen