Subject: Re: MNNDSD Carefully
Date: Aug 26, 2001 @ 17:11
Author: bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com (bjbutler@...)

Thanks for the reminder. I was aware of this limitation, but even
taking it into consideration the tri-point still would fall within
the Bois de Sioux. That would make perfect sense if not for the
state boundary as shown on the map, and the concensus that the river
has been straightened and/or re-routed. I am very curious to know
what influenced the USGS to depict the state boundary as shown. I
have sent an inquiry to them but have not received a reply. I have
been trying to think of other authorities that may have information
(Army Corps of Engineers or county engineering departments, maybe.)
As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I am doubly interested in
resolving this because I visited what is shown as the easternmost
point in ND, slightly north and across the river from the MNNDSD
witness post.

BJB
> Remember that due to the possible errors in drafting and printing,
USGS

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/