Subject: Re: Famous Confluence Busters
Date: Aug 14, 2001 @ 15:42
Author: granthutchison@cs.com (granthutchison@...)

> The Confluence Project, where people try to navigate by GPS to 1-degree
> intersections of latitude and longitude,
We have a similar group in the UK. The UK National Grid system consists of 100km squares, within which coordinates are defined by "easting" and "northing" figures, usually to 3-digit (=100m accuracy), or by GPS 5-digit (=1m) accuracy. The squares themselves have unique digraph identifiers. A (small) group of people have developed an interest in seeking out all land-based points with coordinates 00000 00000. And standing on them, obviously.

Grant