Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Another river condominium?
Date: Jul 26, 2001 @ 08:23
Author: Peter Hering ("Peter Hering" <hering@...>)

Concerning ITAIPU - just a personal remark:
this BRA-PAR condominium is one of the most
impressive human made structures in the world!
BUT: when we visited the actual dam and drove
on it - the boundary line betw. BRA + PAR was
visible - in the middle of the dam... and our guide
informed us..."now we've crossed into Paraguay"-
so inthis case maybe "condo" means common
ownership and use of the Itaipu dam, but the
boundary line hasn't been moved to the edge
of the river...! My guess. (If you ever have a
chance of going there...do it... Iguazu and Itaipu-
two breathtaking sights in the middle of South-Am.!
Regards
Peter H.