Subject: Re: Baarle Military Map
Date: Jun 25, 2001 @ 18:09
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

It looks like a regular 1:25k Belgian topo map to me. Why it is
called a military map I don't know. Probably because at the time the
National Geographical Institute of Belgium belonged to the armed
forces (I don't know if this was the case, but I do know in a lot of
countries this _is_ the case).

You can probably get them from any good map shop in Belgium. In the
Netherlands, I know some shops that probably will have these maps on
sale. Perhaps you can order them by mail, but you should ask Brendan,
he is the expert on that.

I will have a look tomorrow at my local map shop. Perhaps I'll buy
the map myself.

BTW, it's not only in the north that enclaves are missing. You should
have a map with the complete territory of the two municipalities
(Baarle-Hertog and Baarle-Nassau), then you will have all enclaves
too.

Peter S.