Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Former tripoint. Switzerland, France, Germany
Date: Nov 05, 2006 @ 15:11
Author: Romain HODAPP ("Romain HODAPP" <romain_hodapp@...>)

Thank you !

----- Original Message -----
From: aletheia kallos
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 2:09 AM

thanxx romain
very nice
2 chdefr for the price of 1
but it appears this de jure 1871chdefr1919 tripoint
again served as the de facto 1940chdefr1944 tripoint
as well

you're right ! Don't forget also that this international tripoint began is existence in 1871 because before this date, the "territoire de belfort" was attached to Alsace.

you may also be said to have visited
all together
chfr2alfcju3hrpotb
even if that is technically more long winded than
really necessary
It's hard to decode, but I understood !

&
regarding the present & much shorter chdefr tripoint
near basel
which you presented in the previous post
since you evidently crossed the rhein to take your pix

not necessary, I live on this part of Rhein ;-)
If I understood the question, I never swim or boat in the Rhin river. I just (often) crossed it by car on the two nearliest bridge betwenn Village-Neuf (F) and Weil-am-Rhein (D) and sometime by the swiss bridge (Road n° A3) in Basel.

i have only a question of whether you tried for
& how close you may have come to reaching
the actual tripoint
in the navigation channel
whenever you did swim or boat or drive or walk across
or however you did do that

for depending on your answer
you appear to be registering our closest reported
chdefr visit to date.

Hoping visit it and other tripoint again. I promise more pix when the futur bridge (very near the tripoint) will be finished.
I hope to find the other former tripoint of Alsace-Lorraine/Elsass-Lothringen, in north, limit with Luxemburg, between the towns of Russange (57, F [ex-D]) ; Rédange (54, F) and Belvaux (L).
Romain