Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: CAUS hiking trail at NH/Quebec
Date: Nov 03, 2006 @ 03:32
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)

yes
that is looking correct at google earth
where i captured the attached glimpse
centered arbitrarily but not inappropriately on the
cocofr tripoint
3 or 4 miles east of route 3

you can see the ridge line clearcut quite clearly here

& not so clearly various lesser trails braiding with
it

presumably including yours

for more of the same & better
particularly in the high country a bit farther north
check it out for yourself at google earth
especially using the contour feature to tweak up the
vividness

curiously too the cofr county line proceeding due
north from the cocofr tripoint into quebec appears to
have its own veggie trace also
by which you may be helped to home in on this tripoint
which could well have its own caus marker to reward
the try too

marker 478 point 21 whose coords are detailed here
http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/SECT-H-83.txt
appears to lie within 20 yards of cocofr as shown here
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.24659&lon=-71.13076&s=200&size=l&u=6&datum=nad83&layer=DRG

btw i have found the google earth geocoords far less
reliable than the topozone & ibc coords

the decimal readings look impressive
but it is all spurious exactitude

also
please let me know your present email address so i can
share some other goodies with you offlist that may not
be appropriate here at bp

mine is aletheiak at yahoo dot com

thanx

http://www.bjbsoftware.com/corners/pointdetail.php3?point=157