Subject: atczde retry
Date: Sep 26, 2006 @ 18:00
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)

this is a little silly of me since you have already
been there in the flesh jesper

but using the trusty looking czech map overlay &
satpic in combination
& then comparing the result with google earth
i was able to nail the clearing i think you mean
as shown in the attached revised tripoint stretching
diagram
as well as here
http://mapy.seznam.cz/?mapType=ophoto&zoom=15¢erX=138977024¢erY=130775616&portWidth=682&portHeight=529&forceMapParams=1#centerX=131671392@centerY=131286688@typ=ophoto@zoom=16@vizType=none@vizIds=none
if this link actually works as intended

& if this is indeed correct
then my earlier guess or rather grope try as shown
here
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point/9246
proves to have been about 100 meters or so off

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> yes & this is a case where arturs new czech satpix
are
> much clearer than the google earth
> & indeed actually show some clearings
>
> so have a better look for the right stuff here if
you
> like
> http://mapy.seznam.cz/
> to confirm or improve
>
> --- Jesper Nielsen/Borderbase <jesper@...>
> wrote:
>
> > This difficult ATCZDE is based on personal visit
and
> > location in a clearing.
> >
> > Jesper
> >
> > --
> > Borderbase - your online guide to international
> > borders and tripoints
> > http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase
> >

> > _____

but
> > dont forget atczsk in
> > between
> >

> > it was easy to decide atczde comes before atchde
> > alphabetically as soon as i realized that that is
in
> > fact the order observed by the magically
mysterious
> > borderbase itinerary
> >
> > moreover this reverse logic & method are
buttressed
> > by
> > the madness we have already been practicing from
the
> > very start of the tour
> > in our special preference & promotion of
afghanistan
> > as in af
> > ahead of andorra as in ad
> > & our quiet demotion of the united arab emirates
as
> > in
> > ae
> > not merely until after afghanistan but even beyond
> > ukraine
> > not to mention the totally unwarranted favoritism
> > extended toward algeria as in dz
> > thanx only to the spelling of its english nickname
> > etc
> > etc
> >
> > yikes
> >
> > but happily we can do whatever we like
> > & are doing just that
> > here in oesterreich
> > as in at
> >
> > which is why we have wound up at atczde next
rather
> > than atchde
> >
> > both of which btw
> > tho scarcely pronounceable as well as semantically
> > vacuous
> > to the best of my knowledge
> > must at least rhyme equally well with cratchity
> >
> > & all this on a rather overcast day for a satpic
on
> > the one hand
> > & at an impossibly wet place to even try to find
on
> > the other
> >
> > but for starters if not also enders
> > check out the first of the attached tripoint
> > stretching diagrams
> >
> > the best available czech zoomable map
> > http://geoportal.

<http://geoportal.cenia.cz/mapmaker/cenia/map/?wiz_id=21&wiz_special_param=&

rect=-920000:-1260000:-420000:-910000?=cz&PHPSESSID=&win_size=2>

cenia.cz/mapmaker/cenia/map/?wiz_id=21&wiz_special_param=&rect=-920000:-1260
> > 000:-420000:-910000?=cz&PHPSESSID=&win_size=2
> > places atczde smack on a ridge saddle
> > & i was able to grope this point down with my
mouse
> > at
> > google
> > hence the location of the little red tripoint
> > stretching square in the midst of otherwise
> > completely
> > opaque woods
> >
> > & as for atchde
> > the hypothetical equidistance tripoint in the
middle
> > of lake constance
> > well i suppose we could measure & compute it from
> > scratch
> > but you may recall we do already have a reasonably
> > good fix on it
> > that was picked up from a tactical pilotage chart
by
> > grant hutchison
> > so we could well be content to just plot that
beside
> > the google version for now
> > in view of the fact that it will undoubtedly fall
in
> > the middle of nowhere anyway
> > & like why fuss any more than minimally necessary
in
> > this especially imponderable case
> >
> > so
> > converting grants values to degminsec
> > i get
> > n lat 47d32m21s31 & e long 9d33m35s40
> > & have expressed that preliminary guess on the
> > second
> > attachment
> > just as a possible alternative to jespers &
googles