Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: stretching the quest for a real stretchable latex tripoint to stretch
Date: Sep 24, 2006 @ 06:05
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)

thats comforting
& i would like to learn your method of getting there
too
even as i clownishly extemporized my own landing at
the airport runway crossing
for i could just as easily have picked anywhere else
within this best guessed square mile or so of target
area too

but i have just realized there is an inconvenient fact
or 2 to dispose of first

for it turns out there actually is no trijunction of
the 32nd parallel & 94th meridian with the sabine
river
oops
nor even with the entire toledo bend reservoir that so
enlarges that general target area for us today
oops again
& in fact there is nothing even remotely resembling
such a trijunction there

for the cursor cross on this map marks the exact
n32x94w point
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=31.99994&lon=-93.99999&s=200&size=l&u=6&datum=nad83&layer=DRG

& thus there is actually 2 or 3 miles of play here at
the west end of haggards arbitrary closing line
to perfectly match the 2 or 3 miles of play we have
already found in bayou pierre lake at the east end of
it

so there isnt really a closing line possibility at all
yet but rather only a very crude 2 or 3 mile wide
closing strip from end to end

but
if we can somehow manage to shrink the width of that
strip down to the thickness of an actual line
then i believe i have discovered a workable
methodology for nailing the tripoint
using the google earth measuring line tool in
combination with the mouse pointer altitude registry &
the contour feature etc

i even went so far as to begin my measurement on
chicot island here
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=32.10587&lon=-93.55704&s=200&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG
since it is the only named feature in the lake area on
google earth & it does rather nominate itself as the
grand central terminal of that entire neighborhood

the first attachment shows my first try with the start
of this line

for of course the rude awakening didnt occur to me
until i tried to end this line on the sabine at
n32x94w
hence no attachment to show the other end just yet

but in the meantime a second inconvenient fact arose
which is that the only obvious site for a settlement
on bayou pierre lake is along the shore due west of
chicot island
where a cemetery & present settlement etc are still
indicated
& which thus might only be partly included in the
neutral ground by a closing line begun from chicot
island

so clearly my closing line would be better to include
all of that shore

so i thought again & selected instead of this island
the northernmost point of the lake for the beginning
point of my improved closing line
as shown by the cursor cross here
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=32.11972&lon=-93.55324&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG25
as well as by the little red starting square in my
second attachment
with the idea in view of solving the messy conundrum
on the sabine river end of the closing line by
choosing the correspondingly northernmost feasible
point there too

& i suppose i should ask you first if there isnt some
clear preference indicated in your sources for any 2
of the 3 data that so sold you on the correctness of
this allegedly but not really multicoincident terminal
point

but all else being equal in your experience
i think the 2 data i would choose to honor there would
naturally be the ones that produce the correspondingly
most inclusive result

hence the river & the parallel rather than the
meridian

or in other words i would place the western terminal
of the closing line right about here
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=31.99993&lon=-94.04592&s=100&size=l&u=6&datum=nad83&layer=DRG
& also as shown by the completed closing line in my
third attachment

well
it is getting late
so i think i will wait til morning to proceed
in case you do have some different data or preferences
to add in
but i think you can already see where i am headed next
with this

toward a highly presumptious but still best available
& most inclusive possible & indeed totally stretched
out notional lalatxtx
wherever i find the sabine red divide actually crosses
my closing line

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=32.07363&lon=-93.76027&size=l&u=6&datum=nad83&layer=DRG