Subject: Re: algrmk on google earth
Date: Sep 10, 2006 @ 18:07
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx
correct
& there are indeed 2 little red squares on this & all my other tripoint stretching diagrams

one is always planted at the erroneous border trijunction indicated by google
& the other always marks the corrected position
or at least my educated guess position such as it is

& the purpose of the line running in between these 2 little red squares
is
to stretch or pull the errant tripoint
as it were
into its proper place

this line btw is actually produced by the google measuring tool
& i have already measured tripoint errors with it of up to several km so far

so you may want to hesitate to believe your eyes whenever you look at any borders as
depicted by google earth

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Christian Berghänel <christian.berghanel@...>
wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean with the left red square. However, as the map from berkely
indicates, the small island north-west of the right red square is indeed belonging to the
Rep. of Macedonia.
> The island is called Golem Grad, and is part of the Galicica National Park. The island is
sometimes called "Snake Island" for the numerous water snakes around. Remains of two
14th-century churches, as well as ruins of an old village can be seen on the island. It's also
believed that Tsar Samoil was crowned on the island in 976.