Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] algrmk on google earth
Date: Sep 10, 2006 @ 17:37
Author: Christian Berghänel (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Bergh=E4nel?= <christian.berghanel@...>)

I'm not sure what you mean with the left red square. However, as the map from berkely indicates, the small island north-west of the right red square is indeed belonging to the Rep. of Macedonia.
The island is called Golem Grad, and is part of the Galicica National Park. The island is sometimes called "Snake Island" for the numerous water snakes around. Remains of two 14th-century churches, as well as ruins of an old village can be seen on the island. It's also believed that Tsar Samoil was crowned on the island in 976.

(Source: Evans, Thammy. The Bradt Travel Guide - Macedonia. Pages 164-166.)

Christian Berghänel
christian.berghanel@...