Subject: ok this is looking good but still just a test
Date: Sep 08, 2006 @ 12:39
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

one more improvement

the attachment
if it works
shows my corrected afcnpk tripoint position on the
ridge junction

it is marked by a small red square at the end of a
short white measurement line projected southwestward
from the erroneous google overlay tripoint position

the pushpin marks the earlier estimate by jesper
which in fairness & hindsight was remarkably accurate
coming as it were from outer space

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> not a change in my estimated tripoint position
> but
> since i just figured out how to measure horizontal
distances at google earth
> by using the item under the tools pulldown menu
at the top
> aha & ahhh
> i can & must correct my earlier distance estimate
from the google overlay tripoint to the
> actual tripoint at the geocoords i gave below
>
> for i see now it is not a few km wsw as stated but
only about 700 meters

kallos <aletheiak@> wrote:

> > again a ridge junction tripoint is indicated both
in

http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Centr._Asia/Topo%20maps_500k/J-43-V.jpg
> > & this is clearly the one a few km wsw of the
google
> > overlay tripoint
> > & or several km nne of jespers pushpin at the
moment