Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] yikes kztmuz is reportedly undelineated & definitely elusive
Date: Sep 06, 2006 @ 01:09
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

& come to think of it
i keep liking my sloping natural arrowhead chink
shoulder guess better
when i try to think of how this outlandish location
might have come to be selected for the tripoint in the
first place

for kzuz converges from the north along the 56th
meridian until it reaches the end of the plateau
& then goes slightly over the edge but evidently only
as far down the chink as this marvelously coincident
natural landmark beach point overlooking the lake if
not actually projecting into it as a point of land

but tmuz & kztm do not in fact converge with kzuz
there exactly at right angles
notwithstanding the topo depiction of them along a
parallel of latitude
as if to form a perfect tee junction
for that detail is a totally bogus border depiction i
must tell you
but rather
they converge there as if offhandedly
to meet this idealized rendezvous point at whatever
slightly odd angles they must

better maps show they may both follow geodetic line
segments to the trijunction target point
but neither of them is a true east west line
& they do form a distinct angle by converging at the
landmark in this happenchance way

& i think it is precisely their slightly unusual
angles of convergence that really do point to this
arrowhead tip
& give away their special relationship to it
as they perform & celebrate deliberately what the 56th
meridian has done only by chance

otherwise kzuz might have continued south thru this
wilderness until it really did strike a single
continuous tmuz & kztm at right angles

for the soviets could just as easily have arbitrarily
done it that way as they perhaps really did do it
somewhat more sensibly this way

or so i would dare to speculate at this point