Subject: nomenclatural fixes re fine art virgin caus birth marker tripoint
Date: Aug 03, 2006 @ 16:43
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> probably few members will recall this observation
from
> message 9636
> regarding the state of play of the first point ever
> marked on caus
>
> aka 1797caus2menb3arcayo2006
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m donner"
> <maxivan82@> wrote:
> >
> > according to
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~dawise/Maine.htm
> > the oldest known extant caus monument dates from
> 1817
> > but it was a replacement for a 1798 original
> > which was itself the first monument on the caus
line

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=19&n=5088360&e=594329&size=l&datum=nad83

> > as can be seen there
> > the extant stone also marks the aroostook carlton
> york tricounty point
> > as well as the trimunicipal point formed by amity
> township & north lake &
> > richmond parishes
> > at a single multi distinguished position thus
named
> > caus2menb3arcayo4amnori
> > tho the ibc calls it simply monument number 1
> >
> > & no pix as she is a virgin
>
> but today
> at last & at least
> besides learning that the lost supposedly 1798
> supposed rock was most likely mistaken for or
preceded

http://www.familyheritage.ca/Images/NBGallery/Joseph%20Bouchette%201817%20boundary%20marker.jpg

> more info is in the caption for the 16th item in
this
> staggering trove
> http://www.familyheritage.ca/newbrunswick.html
>
> & thats the new state of play for this baby

well but not quite
because our love of correct & sensible terminology
no less than our fixations with accurate positioning
truth & beauty etc
compel us to adjust immediately some false impressions
that may have been left by the above fortunately still
somewhat fresh report

to begin with
yesterdays announcement misproclaimed this lovely
arcayo tripoint
the virgin caus birth tripoint

& todays modified subject title above rightly
clarifies that this is only the virgin caus birth m a
r k e r tripoint
& not the actual or literal virgin caus birth tripoint

oops

any considerations or questions about where caus
itself was born
& or first preconceived
as well as about the location of any actual virgin
caus birth tripoint
if ever there proves to be one
will of course have to wait for a future dissection of
benjamin franklins mind

our virgin arcayo point here is the birthplace only of
caus demarcation

& nothing more original than that

& moreover she is only a virgin nominally &
provisionally
because there hasnt yet been any report of anyone
trying to visit her posted here at bp

& i humbly apologize for any possible violation of
anyones sensibilities that could have been caused by
my previously excessive oversimplifications of these
matters

secondly
tho it is probably true that the demarcation of arcayo
& of caus did begin in 1797 as claimed
nevertheless caus itself is most properly not 1797caus
anything
but rather 1783gbus1867caus2006
possibly even with a frgb prefix of unknown starting
date
& it is probably sheer pedantry to even point any of
this out
but again
it is just the known demarcation of this border & this
point that was born in 1797 & not the legal reality of
the actual border itself

yes
i know
i know
that too goes without saying
& yet this small additional false impression to the
contrary here also needed to be corrected

& finally
if you noticed the inconsistency between the technical
nomenclatures
caus2menb3arcayo & caus2menb3arcayo4amnori as written
above
it should probably be observed that these are equally
true & correct
in objective terms
but that the former is preferable not only for being
shorter & sweeter & simpler but also because once
multihood is reached & discerned
as it is in this case on the tertiary level
then any & all subsequent levels generally maintain &
only redouble the intrinsic multiplicity

& since that too goes without saying it too may seem
best if left unsaid

but all these various distinctions are essential &
fairly critical elements of the true state of play on
this point