Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Aug 01, 2006 @ 08:55
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

More fumblings in the dark:

Look again at
http://www.globalgeografia.com/italia/img/campione_fig05a.jpg

Doesn't it look like the international border between
#0 and #1 is indeed marked along the right bank of the
creek?

And if the border between Castagnola and Arogno runs
in the middle of the creek (or along the thalweg),
which is not unlikely given the sketching on the map
mentioned above, this places the tripoint in the
water, roughly a meter or two south of #1.

Then, if there is a marking on the south bank, this
should be aligned with the border from #1 to #2, to
aid in determining the tripoint.

It looks like the border makes a turn exactly at #1,
but it is not entirely clear on Philips pictures that
this is evident on top of the marker.

Are there other pictures from this area around that I
have missed? I'd appreciate very much if someone could
republish links, in that case (yes, I know, I should
use the search engine...).

Didn't our danish friends make an expedition to these
parts not too long ago? Did that result in web
publishings?

Yours,