Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Aug 01, 2006 @ 05:45
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

I had wondered how rock 1 could mark the actual boundary if it is so
obviously on the Swiss bank of the brook. Still, the rock has "I" on
one side and "S" on the other, and a dimple with lines running each way
on the top surface. The stone cutter clearly intended it to be placed
on the boundary, but perhaps the surveyors overruled him.

Still, somebody needs to see what the Elfter Anstand says about the
placement of rock 1. Could some of our German-speaking friends go to
http://tinyurl.com/qn6e8 and tell us? If not, I'll try to translate
tomorrow. It's too late at night now.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA