Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Aug 01, 2006 @ 01:35
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

Mike,

The de Bruin photos of markers 1 and 2 do not show the area of the
tripoint.

Rock 1 is at the base of a cliff. The photographer had to lean out and
get photos from directly above it. It's an ordinary upright boundary
rock, but the tight photos show flowing water washing its moss-covered
base on the Italian side. It has a dimple and two lines in its top.

Marker 2 is supposedly incised into the top of a relatively inaccessible
rocky cliff. The photographer gives us various telephoto shots of the
red-posted sign that stands next to it.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA