Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Jul 31, 2006 @ 23:49
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

thanx very much mats
all wonderfully clarifying

tho for some reason i cant access the de bruin pdf
caption texts
nevertheless what i can see there plus all the various
other data taken together do seem to pretty well
confirm that
b o t h
the arogno bissone campione tripoint aka arbica
a n d
the arogno campione castagnola become lugano tripoint
aka arcalu
are situated at the unmarked intersections of brook
bottoms with straight line segments defined by pairs
of chit rocks
the former by rocks number 13b & 14 hyperextended 7
meters south of no 14 to named position v1
as you have observed
& the latter by & between rocks number 1 & 2
roughly 15 meters south of no 1 or a quarter of the
way from it to no 2
thanx in this case to tullio aebischers data

we do not yet appear to have seen a positively
identifiable pic of either tripoint position tho

it is possible that the very first de bruin pdf pic
shows the arcalu brook somewhere in the right general
vicinity for the tripoint to be in frame
but still doubtful because no accompanying chit rock
is visible there

it is far more likely that vito la collas 2 wonderful
views include arbica even if it is hiding directly
underneath the foot bridge or in the creek bed some
very short distance below the foot bridge

& let me say despite your modest disavowal of the post
14 alignment
several of these pix leave little doubt that this post
at least
does stand centered directly upon or very close to the
chit alignment
even if none of the other posts do likewise
so i am seeing & counting it as being in the same line
as 13b & 14
for purposes of visually placing the tripoint position
in the photos
i think correctly
even if not yet to my complete satisfaction
since i cant measure off the 7 meters from here

but do you or craig or dieter or any of our other eye
witnesses have an opinion of exactly what point on
these pix the 7 meters measured off in the correct
direction would bring us to

http://www.globalgeografia.com/italia/campione_italia_tab1.htm

http://www.globalgeografia.com/italia/img/campione_fig05b.jpg

http://south-african-diaspora-solutions.com/border-of-campione.html