Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Jul 31, 2006 @ 07:12
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

yes
nice
with you loud & clear

& yet even having all this fully clarified
the tripoint situation itself still isnt crystal clear

all indications are that the brook bottom marks both
arbi & chit4bica

so perhaps the arbica tripoint isnt directly marked by
either rock
but might be the unmarked point where the drain passes
directly between these 2 rocks here
http://campione.enclaves.org/image/124-2462_img.jpg
or
perhaps more likely
the intersection point at the extreme lower right
corner of this pic
where the visible alignment of rock 14 & post 14 hits
the brook bottom

for i would trust both of them at least to be standing
directly upon chit
wouldnt you

& so the smaller stone may thus mark the arbi brook
bottom diagonally or even indirectly
rather than orthogonally & directly
inasmuch as there do appear to be 1 or 2 other as yet
unexplained stone markers in this pic too

& wouldnt that drain outlet be about 7 meters from
rock 14

well not quite 7

so maybe the true tripoint & turnpoint is a bit off
frame there beyond the corner

& similarly

with regard to the other dry campione tripoint of
arcalu
up near the northeast corner
which btw i garbled into arluca in a previous post
oops

in the first few paragraphs of this same 11th article
you quote
tho i cant necessarily make out all the german there
either
the text does at least appear to place the other
arogno border in another brook bottom in the vicinity
of markers number 1 & or 2
without mentioning its expected lugano counterpart by
name
but rather a predecessor municipality named castagnola
instead
since this was castagnola commune before it became
lugano in 1972
as indicated here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipalities_of_the_canton_of_Ticino
so arcalu was arcaca from 1861 to 1972

but as we are still not necessarily able to nail
either of these tripoints
it certainly wouldnt hurt if someone could provide
perfectly smooth translations of these 2 most relevant
passages of the german text