Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Jul 30, 2006 @ 23:10
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

in fact
& in all fairness to craig of mississauga
& with extra honors to lowell of leesville too for not
overplaying this point
it was already clear from craigs report that he had
indeed paid a call on this very arogno bissone
campione or arbica trimunicipal point in the course of
his hair raising ramble
by simply visiting the southeast corner of campione
along the way
for he says
> I continued along the road until it ended in a small
park. From here
> it was a very short walk to find the sign and
boundary stone in
> Campione d'Italia's southeast corner, and there was
an "L" marked in
> the top of the stone to indicate where the corner
stood.
so perhaps we can still look forward to his posting an
updated photo of this corner marker rock number 14
tho in fairness also to mats of lund
it would be extremely hard to improve in any way on
his earlier photo
http://campione.enclaves.org/image/124-2463_img.jpg
even tho a slight question remains about the exact
arbica tripoint location within it

for is the tripoint simply centered in the top center
hole of the marker as i would guess
or could it be at the outer bend of the ell shaped
turnpoint diagram
or midway between the outer & inner corners of this
thick line
or at the inner corner point of it
or even somewhere else entirely among these perhaps as
many of 4 different markers
http://campione.enclaves.org/image/124-2462_img.jpg
& thus not on this ell diagram nor even on this ell
marker at all