Subject: Re: Île Verte
Date: Jul 12, 2006 @ 17:36
Author: XML ("XML" <x.maillard@...>)

Hi again,

As I suggested about the channel in my last message I just sent to
BP today evening, here we are :

Utrecht Treaty:
"Le Roi de la Grande-Bretagne, en cédant les Iles de Saint-Pierre et
de Miquelon à la France, les regarde comme cédées à fin de servir
réellement d'abri aux pêcheurs François, et dans la confiance
entière que ces possessions ne deviendront point un objet de
jalousie entre les deux nations ; et que la pêche entre les dites
îles, et celle de Terre-Neuve, sera bornée à mi-canal."

= <The King of Great Britain, in ceding the Islands of St. Pierre
and Miquelon to France, regards them as ceded for the purpose of
serving as a real shelter to the French fishermen, and in full
confidence that these possessions will not become an object of
jealousy between the two nations, and that the fishery between the
said islands, and that of Newfoundland shall be limited to the
middle of the channel.>

Islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon should be understood as St.Pierre
island, Miquelon island, and the other dependencies (Vainqueurs
island, Chiens island, Colombier island etc.)

The fishery was limited by what is to be considered as a sea
boundary line, to the middle of the channel. So our boundary line
was there. And according to a 1907 chart, the channel crossed Green
Island.
This chart was used to establish the turning points of the 1972
agreement. The phrase 'French channel' refers to this channel,
between SPM and NFLD.

As the 1907 French chart was used by both Canadians and French
diplomats for the 1972 agreement, we can consider it worthed
something official. And through this, Green Island divided between
France and NFLD was also not unofficial. And we had our dry border.

As this Utrecht treaty boundary line was actually a fishery limit,
i.e. a sea boundary line, we can consider the 1972 changed it.
And that IMHO the current Sea boundary line also determines the
border, so defitaly as written in previous messages all the rocks
are Canadians (the 2 turning points making two wet/dry FRCA boundary
shorepoints).

Unless Canadian Hydrographic Service charts 4490 and 405 shows
another situation, this 'analysis' in my opinion closes this topic
regarding a FRCA land boundary in the Green Island / Ile Verte area.

Xavier

BTW I flew over ending ['turning'] point 9 of this 1972 FRCA sea
boundary agreement two months.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@...>"