Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] welcome to Oz (& NZ)
Date: Jun 13, 2006 @ 14:09
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

good work then victor
& a nice play as well

indeed our first actual try from new zealand

here is a brief summary of the subdivisional mess they
have there
http://statoids.com/unz.html

& tho a good map has eluded me too
it looks like the regions are indeed the main deal
there
& it appears they form 4 major tripoints on north
island & 5 on south island
http://www.answers.com/topic/nz-regions-png
with all 9 proceeding in a single albeit wavy line
so the punctoscopy should ultimately be easy to follow
tho beware the above map has confounded numbers 2 & 3

besides who knows what other problems or flaws it may
have

but tentatively in any case
& proceeding generally north to south
bpgihb
bphbwk
hbmwwk
matkwk
&
manets
camats
catswc
caotwc
otsowc

& i made a quick survey of them all at encarta
hoping that there might be a named mountain summit
among them
& thus an easy google photo search try

but no dice

the one that is probably closest to your photo
position tho
is very near a locality named maungapohatu
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=-38.59665518568096&TextLongitude=177.12825255989623&TextAltitude=9&TextSelectedEntity=183&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Large&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=maungapohatu&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&ZoomOnMapClickCheck=on&ResultsListbox=-41.6667733146245%3B172.941168426288%3B2%3B183%3BNew+Zealand%2C+Pacific+Ocean%3BLarge%3BComprehensive

& this does at least yield these very likely views of
the ridge line there
http://www.ngaituhoe.com/Maungapohatu_q.jpg
http://www.wildlands.co.nz/images/pics/bush-scene1.jpg
& possibly even some close up looks
http://keithblayney.com/Urewera/Index.html
http://teaohou.natlib.govt.nz/teaohou/issue/Mao29TeA/c17.html
so we are already class e or maybe even d or c here