Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Google Earth/Maps at Borderbase
Date: Jun 04, 2006 @ 02:02
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

ok & thanx for the guidance

but as i have observed before
since we know afcnpk is a mountain peak tripoint
from both your topo there & more pointedly page 3 of
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS089.pdf
& pages 2ff of
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS085.pdf
the pictured location in a mountain pass could not be
afcnpk

& tho there is no known pass anywhere by the name of
kilit
there does happen to be a kilik pass
roughly 10 km northeast of afcnpk
on cnpk
or rather actually pakistani controlled kashmir
& indeed clearly shown on this map
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:8085/tajikistan/100k/10-43-102.jpg
at elevation 4765m & map coords 06x71
& written kilikdavan in cyrillic
but also shown a bit less clearly on your own
borderbase topo too

do you see it yet

so that pass is what you most probably have here in
this pic
rather than afcnpk proper
even despite the caption

& i dont think afcnpk could possibly be anywhere in
view here
not even
maybe somewhere in the background
as you say

within the greatly extended neighborhood
well yes
sort of

it does give reason to hope tho that afcnpk may
actually be marked with a similar looking rock
numbered 1

--- Jesper Nielsen/Borderbase <jesper@...>

http://nicolette.dk/borderbase/tripoint.php?c1=1&c2=30&c3=109&orientation=

http://www.geocities.com/sdrawkcabdom/Border-Images-AfghanPakChina.html