Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: german customs\borders film TOMORROW FRI 19!!
Date: May 18, 2006 @ 20:23
Author: Chris Schulz ("Chris Schulz" <wertkauf@...>)

Hi Michael,

we in Germany have Public Television.
Every "land" like bavaria or hesse has its own station.
They all cooperate and build the "Arbeitsgenmeinschaft der
Rundfunkanstalten Deutschland" (ARD) (Cooperation of German
Broadcasting), in normal life this is called first programm or "Erstes
Programm".
You can se a map of the regions on http://tinyurl.com/hfuhn

Then we have the so called "Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen" (ZDF), the
second programm of Public TV, they are in Mainz (where Dubja used to
visit us last time)and make TV for whole germany without regional focus
(they have a little of that).

And then we have the so called "third programmes", those are more or
less regional programmes of the stations of the ARD (BR, HR, MDR, NDR,
RB, RBB, SR, SWR, WDR).
In pre-cable times we had in every region ARD, ZDF and the regional
third (okay, MDR and RBB are post-reunification-stations...)
WDR stands for "Westdeutscher Rundfunk", so WDR III ist the 3rd
programme of WDR.
Now with cable and satellite we can watch all those third programmes in
the whole country.
Beside that we have commercial tv and all this other unuseful tv-stuff
like homeshopping,...

Regards, Chris