Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] nile source try cum rwtzug visit is a puzzling success
Date: Apr 05, 2006 @ 19:29
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

& then
following my own advice & retracing the nile
headstream shown on encarta in the nyungwe forest back
down river toward lake victoria
i realized the expedition must have passed thru not
just rwtzug but soon afterwards birwtz as well
aka burundi rwanda tanzania
which brownlie says is at the thalweg junction of the
mwibu & kagera
& which can be seen if not quite so clearly on the
same map i used

so oops on me too

& all the more to get excited about in the eventual
expedition report

&
while celebrating recent great feats of geography
lets also hear it for the guy who just walked across
b o t h
the darien gap
a n d
the bering ice bridge
& thus from south america to asia in a single jaunt
tho his program is far greater than just that
for he appears to be headed for cnmnruw & or cnkzru
& beyond
just as soon as he gets out of jail
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1746910,00.html
http://goliath.mail2web.com/Route/

i am surprised he isnt heading for capetown tho
just to make it the longest possible walk in the world

but theres no accounting for taste

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=ZX524067R&news_headline=nile_explorers_arrive_home_

http://news.africast.com/africastv/article.php?newsID=58311

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=39.45&TextLongitude=-98.907&TextAltitude=0&TextSelectedEntity=39070&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Large&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=mont+luhonge&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&ZoomOnMapClickCheck=on