Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] a first earnest but probably elusive cfcgcm try
Date: Jan 29, 2006 @ 03:46
Author: jim van dura (jim van dura <jimvandura@...>)

But Bwana, what you are suggesting is that these folks
most probably did pass directly through the CFCGCM
tripoint as they navigated down the Sangha thalweg!
For even if they misjudged their already only
approximated tripoint location by 14 kilometers of
river at the time of their GPS reading try, we can
still be pretty sure they got just as close to the
true CFCGCM tripoint at some point in their overall
try as the EGLYSD folks got to their target at 14
meter GPS range of its known geocoordinates. In fact,
these CFCGCM devotees are likely to have gotten even
closer because they seem to have realized they were on
the correct line for both CFCM and CGCM, but simply
had no clue as to the true point of convergence with
that line of the phantom geodetic CFCG. (And datum
wasn't even an issue for them!) So, since you have
accorded Class C honors to the EGLYSD folks at their
unmarked destination, how can you confer less on these
CFCGCM folks?? To conclude their try was probably
elusive just because their GPS moment came a bit late
is to miss the greater probability that their try was
as successful as could possibly be, except that it was
without a precise moment of culmination awareness. So
isn't that still a presumptive Class C as in "see" (or
even Class B as in "be") rather than a merely "earnest
but elusive" Class E? --Jimi

http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#cmcfcg

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=39.45&TextLongitude=-98.907&TextAltitude=0&TextSelectedEntity=39070&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Large&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=bomassa&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&ZoomOnMapClickCheck=on

http://www.worldwildlife.org/expeditions/car/photo_album2.html

http://www.worldwildlife.org/expeditions/car/photo_album.html