Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tripoint picture: BZGTMX
Date: Jan 15, 2006 @ 23:37
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

doug
another reason this bzgtmx commission pdf you bring is
a remarkable document
even if it doesnt mention a bzgtmx tripoint
let alone the truest available bzgtmx tripoint
position
is the fact that the commission is even tripartite at
all
for this is indeed the first word we have of this
commission as well as its only known work

& til guatemala rejoins the bzgt renovation process
this unilateral mexican documentation of gtmx is the
only sign of cooperation & reintegration toward the
fully shared goal of a real & fully legal bzgtmx
tripoint
as well as toward the separate bipartite goals of
fully normal bzgt & bzmx borders

for gtmx up to marker 107 doesnt have any such problem
& didnt need belize for this pdf

so i guess this commission began by bringing gtmx
forward & really up to the state of the art as well as
they could in 2003 in hopes that not only the bzgtmx
tripoint but also both of its other 2 convergent
segments would be upgraded sequentially

but in fact this whole commission may have been more
wishful thinking than anything else
beyond what it tangibly did
& most wishful of all on the part of mexico so she
could get started already with a bzmx demarcation
that would gain her this 200 meter strip about 20 km
long from bzgtmx to the rio azul

& the fact that we dont see a 2004 or 2005 sequel pdf
regarding these other 2 borders
nor anything at all new regarding them anywhere
suggests to me that work remains stalled on them
pending the final outcome of bzgtmx
& the reentry of gt into the bzgt renovation
since the new tripoint position about 200 meters to
the east of gtmx marker 107 is in all likelihood going
to be the terminal point for bzmx
just as it is already fully expected to be the
terminal point for the already fully marked but not
yet fully legal bzgt

--- Doug Murray <doug@...>

http://www.sre.gob.mx/cilasur/Assets/Images/informe2003.pdf